Head of Nigeria
Company Name Cardpay Company Location Lagos, NG
Founded in 2009, Cardpay group has become an acknowledged and reputable player in both European and International markets. Principal Member of Visa, MasterCard, Unionpay, JCB.
Headquartered in the European Union and having multiple operations across the globe, this year Cardpay has reinforced business in West Africa, East Africa, and South Africa focusing on Alternative Payments Methods, growing CardPay’s footprint in the African continent.
If you are looking to find a rewarding career within an international team, where you can become a key Cardpay’s representative in Nigeria, keep abreast of payments methods industry trends and market conditions, while getting paid for your expertise, then would be the perfect opportunity for you.
- As the Head of Nigeria, you will lead and represent Cardpay. You will have deep experience in the payments or banking industry and an understanding of the digital and technology needs of a Global payment gateway
- Employee #1 in Nigeria, and over-time build a small, lean, efficient team
- Build on and manage your existing strategic relationships within the payments and banking sector, at the highest level
- Responsible for dealing with the merchants and being the first point of contact for any merchant related issues in the country
- Excellent ability to partner with multiple players in the industry (e.g. vendors, regulators, Accountants, Lawyers, etc.)
- Aware of the latest regulatory environment in which a Payment Gateway operates and must be able to foresee opportunities and threats and devise strategies in conjunction with the team to deal with them
- Contribute to the Building of a positive and productive culture in the Lagos Office
- Continually advise the Group leadership team about current trends in the Nigerian market and provide input into any new or local product requirements
- You will need to be the bridge between the Settlements and Reconciliation Teams at Head Office and the Payment providers and Banks in the country, to ensure Valid, Accurate, Complete, and timely financial data and reporting
Experience and mindset
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Additional business education would be an advantage
- 10+ years of experience in Payments (gateways, online payments) or Banking (e-commerce divisions from one of Nigeria’s big banks) or both
- Strong business development experience within the payment industry in West Africa
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate across all levels of management from C-Suite downwards
- Independent self-starter; as the only person in the region you will have to make things happen yourself
- Ability to travel across West Africa and international, 40% travel is required
- Attractive monthly salary paid in line with experience
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Full-time: 5/2 (Saturday and Sunday days off)
- Modern workplace in Lagos, Nigeria (office based location can be established in candidate’s location)
- A team of top international professionals to learn from
- Multicultural working environment
Join Cardpay Team now!
Cardpay is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
Pay range unavailable
Salary information is not available at the moment.